Once you've finished with your tax planning for the year, and your return is safely on its way to the IRS, you're at an excellent point for a quick financial check-up. Your tax return is handy, as a quick snapshot of your financial situation and the figures are recent and accurate. Take a few minutes to consider these questions:
1. Have you determined your short- and long-term financial goals?
2. Are you saving and investing sufficient sums to fund your short- and long-term goals?
3. Are you making the best use of tax-deferred savings plans, such as IRAs, 401(k)s, and Keoghs?
4. If you are an employee, are you getting the optimum from your employee benefits?
5. If you are concerned about paying for a child's education, are you saving and spending in the most appropriate ways?
6. Do you have an "emergency fund?"
7. Have you checked the asset allocation of your portfolio lately?
8. Do you have adequate insurance?
9. Do you have all of the necessary legal documents in place?
10. Is your credit under good control?
11. Are you maximizing your cash flow through income tax strategies?
12. If you own your own business, do you have a plan for smoothly passing on that business to family members or trusted employees?
13. Have there been significant changes in your family this year?
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of Asset Growth Associates, and our editorial staff. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources, however, we make no representations as to its accuracy or completeness. All information and ideas should be discussed in detail with your individual adviser prior to implementation. Fee based financial planning and investment advisory services are offered by Asset Growth Associates Wealth Advisors, a Registered Investment Advisor in the States of Texas and Louisiana. Insurance products and services are offered through Asset Growth Associates. Tax preparation and accounting services are provided by AGA Tax and Retirement Advisors. Asset Growth Associates Wealth Advisors, Asset Growth Associates and AGA Tax and Retirement Advisors are affiliated companies. The presence of this web site shall in no way be construed or interpreted as a solicitation to sell or offer to sell investment advisory services to any residents of any State other than the States of Texas and Louisiana or where otherwise legally permitted.
All Web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright 2002-2018 by Asset Growth Associates. Any use of materials on this website, including reproduction, modification, distribution or republication, without the prior written consent of Asset Growth Associates and it's affiliated companies, is strictly prohibited. "Save My Retirement," "What Is My Risk Number?" "Free Portfolio Risk Analysis," "Asset Growth Associates," "Asset Growth Associates of Texas," "AGA Tax and Retirement Advisors," "Asset Growth Associates Wealth Advisors," "Texas Registered Financial Consultants, PLLC" "SaveMyRetirement.com, SaveYourRetirement.com, WhatisMyRiskNumber.com, SaveYourIRA.com, SaveMYIRA.com" and "1-866-SAVEMYRETIREMENT" in addition to all symbols, logos, devices, phrases and slogans found on this site are to be considered Trade Marks "TM" of Asset Growth Associates and it's affiliated companies. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.